Never Say Never

This morning I crossed the line. I did yet another thing from my list of "things I will never do when I have a child."

Yep, I licked my thumb and rubbed dried toothpaste off my daughters cheek--at the bus stop!

I couldn't let her go to school like that, and while I am usually prepared, I didn't have a wipe or tissue on me as we has rushed out of the door to catch the bus.

As soon as I saw the white mess on her face, I knew what I had to do. I didn't even think about her embarrassment, or the grossness of using spit to erase dried gunk on my 5 year old's face. I just did it. And that has how mothers through time have been forced to do the same thing without even thinking (at least this is what I chose to believe).

So, after joking about it on Facebook this morning I thought it would be interesting to pull out all of those other "I will never's..." and see just how many of them I have broken.

Barbara's List Of
I Will Never (fill in the blank) when I have a child!

1. My child will never grab at objects in a store (did it)
2. My child will never throw a fit when he/she doesn't get what they want (did it)
3. Let my child run around in just a diaper. (so far so good)
4. Resort to bribery. (failed miserably! But, for very rare occasions)
5. Pay my child for good grades
6. Give my child money for doing chores around the house (they should be helping out! Extra chores to earn money is great, and I don't believe in an "allowance" either--but Garren and I are still arguing over that one)
7. Say "If you don't behave I will turn this car around" (did it)
8. Say "Stop or you will poke an eye out" (did it)
9. Drive my child to school. The school bus was good enough for me. (It was only through tears that I didn't break this one--I would have in a heart beat!)
10. Spit on my thumb and wipe off whatever from my child's face. (did it)

1 Response to "Never Say Never"

  1. Candice9:13 PM

    Muhahahahaha...you should have never made a list of the nevers.

    Totally different...but I said I'd NEVER own a dog that bites. Well....I do! Lucie tried to EAT the vet alive last Monday! It was bad. We put the muzzle on, and she was still swimming in the air and throwing her head back to bite him. Then she turned and tried to bite him when he handed her back to me after the whole process was over. Yup...that's my dog! My dog is the one that curls her lips up at the stranger that says, "Oh what a cute baby. She looks so soft," as they reach to pet her with me loudly saying, "Please don't touch her!!" When you take her outside of her home, she's a different creature.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel