The Blizzard Of 2010

I should probably be more impressed. But, as I mentioned earlier, I am indifferent to the snow. And, it was only a few weeks ago that we got 20 something inches.

We didn't measure this go round, but it seems we did hit the 30 inch mark.

Garren was out several times last night shoveling the areas around our cars and the sidewalk. He tells me "it is easier to shovel 6 inches 4 times, than 24 inches once."

The snow was falling about 2 inches an hour, so it didn't take long for the nice pathways he had cleared to fill in.

It is done now, and we let the kids go out and play in it.

Thomas wasn't that interested, and when I put him down in it for a few pictures he would fuss. I don't think it was the cold or the snow, he is teething and he only wants to be held. But, as long as I was holding him, he was enjoying watching daddy shovel, and Gracie and her friend Dylan climb the very tall "snow mountain" that has been created in our median.

Gracie is becoming very brave in the snow, and she even stayed out after Thomas and I went in. She climbed and climbed that mountain even though she got stuck a few times. I have to say I am very impressed with my otherwise "chicken headed' daughter.

Garren has stayed on top of shoveling the snow, and the main roads are clear, so this Blizzard doesn't seem to be hindering, at least *us,* that much.

We do hope though, that if you are under several inches as well and can't (or don't plan) to get out, you stay plenty warm. Just stay inside and enjoy the view.

2 Responses to "The Blizzard Of 2010"

  1. Fredy subscribes to Garren's theory of snow removal...except that I wouldn't let him go out at night to shovel, so he ended up with the 20 inches to shovel at once and then 4 inches later on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma11:04 AM

    I am definitely "done" with the snow too! I sure hope the weather will cooperate this weekend. And since I am writing this on Tuesday - "Happy Birthday Thomas"! Grandpa and I really hope we will be able to be with you on Saturday. We miss you guys terribly. :(

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel