Gone, But Not Forgetting


I avoided people I loved today.

I purposely made sure that I wouldn't see their faces, or their eyes. I took longer routes to sidestep certain neighborhoods and roads.

Yesterday, I purposely took longer at the Food Lion because I knew there was someone at my house. Someone I didn't want to say "goodbye" to.

I may not have saw their faces, or looked in to their eyes. I may not have driven down their roads, or neighborhoods, or passed by the church...

But, it didn't keep me from barely being able to see out of my front windshield, as I drove my over loaded car out of the town that built me.

I just couldn't tell them goodbye.

As Garren has pointed out countless times "we aren't moving to Mars!" But, his words fall deaf to my very much breaking heart.

This may be the hardest and most difficult "challenge" I have ever faced.

But, I guess all "challenges" are like that...at the time.

1 Response to "Gone, But Not Forgetting"

  1. It's probably a good thing that you prolonged coming back from the Food Lion. Smart cookie!
    I, too, avoided your general vicinity. I didn't know if you and Garren had already left on Sunday, but I wasn't about to check it out - you might have still been there and then what? I avoided Route 55 on the way to my mother's house.
    It's been wonderful talking with you and Gracie, though. Makes it "feel" like you're still here. Thank God for all this new technology!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel