Life Goes On

If you ever want a visual representation of how much life goes on while you are lost in your own drama, or funk, or sadness, or whatever....check out Facebook.

I never expected life to stop these past 8 days, but it was almost like it did.

Like I was frozen in time or I had exchanged lives with someone else.

In the time that I have been without the computer and/or the time to get on said computer friends have announced the expectancy of babies, anniversaries were remembered, birthdays were celebrated, school started for some teachers and parents.

If you are expecting an upbeat account of the past week, or even a positive spin on our new life here in Mechanicsville, you'd better stop reading and maybe come back in a week or two.

We are "here" and I know I am supposed to say "well," but I wouldn't really mean it.

Garren is loving his 20 minute commute and the fact that anything and everything is a 5-10 minute drive. Gracie is finding more contentment and her excitement level is through the roof as she finds things that mommy "hid" at the old house in boxes and bags as they get opened.

As for Thomas and I, well we are kind of in the same boat. We are both fussy, uncomfortable, restless, and just plain out of sorts.

For different reasons of course, but it is kind of like he feels my pain.

In the past 8 days...

I have worked harder that I have ever had in my life as I worked along side my husband and the two of us loaded and unloaded every item we own (with the exception of the couch--thanks Logan!).

I moved in to a house without power or water (long story, the 1st was on a weekend!!!) and used the last hours of our truck rental to unload the final boxes into the house with my headlights to guide me.

I have driven or ridden from Strasburg to Mechanicsville (the big move), then Mechanicsville to Lynchburg (no water or power had to stay the night at mom's until power was turned on Monday morning), then Lynchburg to Mechanicsville (had to unpack the tons of boxes), then Mechanicsville to Lynchburg (get the kids and mom) then back to Mechanicsville, then Mechanicsville to Louisa County (to meet dad to drop mom half way so kids would be less upset) and back again.

Gracie lost her tooth at 55 miles an hour in the backseat.

Thomas got the croup and scared me to death for the FIRST NIGHT IN OUR NEW HOUSE WITH THE KIDS!

Thomas' croup turns to cold that lingers for a few days and he only wants me to hold him and I can't get anything unpacked.

We are under a tornado warning & watch!

I still have to make arrangements for Gracie to enroll in a new school.

And, it's been 8 days since we unloaded the truck and things are still not done yet, and far from done to boot.



Truth is...I wanna go home.

1 Response to "Life Goes On"

  1. Things that I hope you've learned:
    1. That you will NEVER EVER try to move all your stuff (and the kids' stuff and Garren's stuff)by yourself EVER again! Pay the money and let someone else take on the physical part of the move! Or . . . get help from your friends and family. That's what friends and families do for one another. Remember it. (There's going to be a quiz!) If you feel like you just HAVE to participate, limit it! Seriously, I mean it!
    2. Things really do get better - even if it's just a little itsy bit at a time.
    3. People everywhere do truly care about you and your family. Who knows what the next step will be, but if you and Garren had never taken the step and moved to Strasburg, think of all the things that we ALL would have missed! Maybe Mechanicsville will be the same way. Give it time (she says with tongue in cheek).
    4. And remember. . . . the road to a friend's house is never long. Remember it! (There's going to be a quiz on this one, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel