Spunky Kindergartener


Have you ever read the Junie B. Jones series?

If you have a preschool/kindergarten age little girl it is a must! Of course you could read it with a boy, but I don't think he would get as much out of it.

We inherited Mariah's collection of the series and Grandma had gotten her all of the books, so we are working our way through them half a book a night.

They are simple reads with a few illustrations. They were written for older elementary school kids, and so mommy reads the funny chapter books to Gracie who giggles and giggles. I have to say they are even humorous enough to make mommy and daddy laugh out loud at this 5 year old's antics.

Tonight we finished up Junie B. Jones and Sneaky Peaky Spying.

Junie (at this point in the series) is a first time Kindergartner--and a hand full! Picture the complete opposite of my Gracie. The fictional girl is quite feisty, spunky, and always seems to get herself in a jam.

My original idea was to read them to Gracie before and during her Kindergarten year, but as I have blogged before, that year was so hectic and overwhelming for me with Thomas. And, while it may have helped hearing about another child's kindergarten adventures, and how Junie also becomes a big sister at age 5--I am kind of glad I waited. Junie is such a handful and I wouldn't want to temp Gracie into doing some of the same things this young character does!

Junie will be in first grade in a few books, and we should get to those before Gracie starts back, so it will be a nice tie in still.

Plus, the great part about these books is that mommy gets to read them to her now, and she can go back and read them again in a few years when she is ready for more challenging chapter books.

Tomorrow night we start Junie B. Jones and The Yucky, Blucky Fruitcake. Sounds like a fun Christmas with this scheming 5 year old...and of course fun for this mommy and her favorite almost first grader.

1 Response to "Spunky Kindergartener"

  1. Candice6:28 PM

    You know I LOVE Junie B. Jones!! I just pray she is never in my classroom! Oh wait, I think I did have her evil twin one year.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel