All Aboard!


It was a very fun and creative day at our house today. It reminded me of the days I was sure I had lost after Thomas. Gracie and I were always coming up with fun and creative things to do. She would look forward to mommy's ideas and plans, and she learned so much!

After Thomas, I was so upset that Gracie and I had "lost" our time together. I didn't have the mental ability or energy to come up with fun activities, and it was a full time job taking care of baby brother and the house.

Today made me feel so good. Almost as if I was FINALLY back to the mom I remember being.

The box from Costco was beside the trash can, and Thomas had several times kind of pulled at it, and I thought he might have some fun with it.

So, I pulled out the construction paper, and several other things to help make his very first train.

I called it the "Apple Express" since it was an apple juice box and the colored picture on the side was so pretty.

He loved it!

I used heavy cord and added a passenger "car" (box) for Chewey, and then used another piece of the cord to attach to the front.

He (and Chewey) loved to be pulled around the living room.

Of course Gracie and I were the engineers, and we got a little tuckered out after the hundredth ride around the large room.

Gracie was bummed of course that she couldn't ride in the train, but she perked up at the idea of being the engineer. I told her that mommy made one for her once upon a time as well. And, tonight I found the picture! It was from August 2007, when I was keeping Emma during the day.

I hope that today isn't a fluke. I so hope that I can find myself again. "I" have been so lost for far too long now. I used to cry when I thought about the mom I was with Gracie, and the very flustered, depressed, mess of a mom I was with Thomas AND Gracie. I felt so good then, like I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing, and I was loving every minute. I missed those feelings oh so much. And, now that I have gotten a small reminder of those days, I hope that I can find my way again.


1 Response to "All Aboard!"

  1. Aunt Ruth10:28 PM

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Apple Express! It's just as right for Thomas as the cute, adorable one you made for Gracie and Emma. You done good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel