A Dress Dilemma

Okay, so it is not actually a "dilemma,"--or wasn't--but after purging the remaining summer dresses in Gracie's closet that I have been all but squeezing her into these past few months...she was down to 31 dresses.

That's total!

And, that's is as few as she has EVER had.

Okay, this is the part where you stop rolling your eyes.

My Gracie has always been big for her age--not chunky or fat--just HUGE. And this summer she took at least 2 growth spurts. How much bigger could she get?!!

Well, that meant saying good bye to a huge pile of adorable clothes. And as I have lamented before, clothes for her are getting harder and harder to find.

We don't have as many thrift stores here, and the truth is, I was having a hard time finding cute dresses in size 8 and up at home anyway.

I figure I have a few weeks before I have to really stock up. Since it is so hot out she can wear the few dresses she has left, and then her nice long shorts with a dress shirt on other days.

But, just when I was about to accept the fact that my bargain & cute dress days with Gracie were nearly over--I hit a rather nice jackpot.

Today I took Thomas to go and look in the other thrift store near us. Yep, there is only 2 that I have found so far.

It was 1/2 off clothes day at the Salvation Army Thrift store, and I wasn't expecting to find much. But, I did! I found dress after dress, all very nice brands: Blueberri, Rare Editions, and even a Polly!!!

I didn't want to go crazy, but I did get 5 dresses for $13.

That is far more than I am used to paying, and those regular prices were ridiculous in there! But, hey this is what I have to choose from now--and beggars can't be choosers. So, I figure if I go on Wednesdays and get things at 1/2 off it will hurt my "sensibilities" less. Gotta love my reasoning.

I kind of wish now that I had gone ahead and gotten the 3-4 more dresses that were also nice and in her size and up. But, I will be back next week and hoping for great selection again.

So, as I said on Facebook today: some joy has returned to my life.

Plus, we are now up to 36 dresses. That's a little bit better :)

2 Responses to "A Dress Dilemma"

  1. Aunt Ruth10:09 PM

    Good Lord! $13 for 5 dresses and you're not happy! That's more than you're used to paying? I love a good bargain, too, remember, but every dress cannot be 25 cents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice12:40 PM

    AND you are saving all this cutesy girl stuff for another little girl, right?

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel