Her Own Desk!

Yep, that's is the biggest thrill of the night!

Gracie has been excited about school for weeks now, even though she has her "nerbus" moments remembering that the other kids won't be there this fall. But, apparently she was most excited about a desk.

The kindergarten class last year went on a tour of the first grade classes before the end of the school year.

Apparently the kids were thrilled at the idea of having their own desks. And, Gracie says she wants one because she was too big for those "kindergarten chairs" and I am sure that was true. She is so tall. She told me her knees would bump under the table.

Now, I warned her for weeks that we hadn't seen the inside of this school, and I would think there would be desks for first grade, but I was sure.

You can imagine her thrill when we walked in her new room and there were desks arranged in fours.

Gracie's new teacher is Ms. Anderson, and what a very nice lady she was.

She took Gracie and showed her where to put her supplies while I sat at her desk and filled out what seemed like a million papers.

Daddy and Thomas just walked around and stayed busy.

When Gracie was finished putting her things away she went off to play in the room.

Not too long after another little girl joined her on the rug. Her name was Lilly and she too had just moved here. She was from NY, and if you can believe it--she was more shy that Gracie.

Actually, you might have been astounded as I was to see very little apprehension in our six year old last night. She chatted and chatted to that little girl and didn't stop until the girl and her parents went home. It was just like Gracie was in her own living room....or on the phone with Aunt Ruth--whew!!

It took me a while to fill out all of the papers, but when we were done I asked Gracie if I could take some pictures.

The new teacher kind of grinned at me, and so she probably already has a pretty good idea of what kind of mom I am going to be. Perhaps I should give her Ms. Orndorff's email address so she can warn her before school starts ;)

We let Gracie and Thomas go and play on the playground for a while before we finally left the school grounds.

I was very nervous about starting all over with Gracie, but her chatty mood, and the very nice and personable teacher put me at ease so much. God really has been looking out for this crazy, over protective mom ever since Gracie started preschool. I have always been blessed with the most wonderful teachers for my most wonderful little girl.
And if you were praying for that too--THANK YOU!

We are down to 5 more days and then our Gracie will board the bus and start another year in school.

You can count on tons of updates and exciting stories as the year progresses.

And, I will try to be better about pictures.


I have noticed that I haven't been sharing like I should. Whenever I go through such a hard phase (and I have been through many over the past 2 years) I get selfish and hoard my pictures and my memories. I decide somehow that by doing this it is one less thing I have to give up. Yep, I am nuts like that!
**You will have to notice names of the other kids in her class. It is going to take a while for these kids to be able to learn them. Something about my generation and unusual names. I think it is interesting that Gracie, and maybe the boy named Matthew have the most common names in the room***

2 Responses to "Her Own Desk!"

  1. mamaw6:25 PM

    Congratulations Gracie! I am so happy that you have your very own desk. I'm sure first grade will be great fun. Mamaw and Papaw love you very much and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice10:04 AM

    I told you that children are so much more adaptable than adults1 She will do great!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel