Our Labor Day Weekend

We didn't exactly do that much to "celebrate."

Gracie asked us what the special colors are for Labor Day, and I told her it was more like a summer/cook out kind of holiday. A celebration for the end of summer. I mean she is only 6, I thought this was the best answer.

Gracie of course wanted to cookout, and she got her wish--twice.

Daddy bought steaks from Costco and we had those Saturday night. But, Gracie was sure to remind us that today was Labor Day. In fact she announced when she woke up "Happy Labor Day Mommy & Daddy!" It was about the fourth time she cheerfully shouted this greeting that daddy made the above statement.

So, we cooked out again today, but this time just hamburgers.

On Sunday we did go for a walk.
I am sad to say this was my first look at our neighborhood. I have been glued inside my protective walls hiding myself from the outside world, and the unknown for a month now.

Garren coaxed me out, and we put the kids in the wagon and went for a walk.

We took them to the gas station at the top of the hill after touring the rather large neighborhood we live in.

He let Gracie get a "slup-puppy." And yes, that is how she says it, and yes, it doesn't always sound like that--sometimes it sounds worse!

She of course got a Slush Puppy. This is something daddy treats her to when she helps him take the trash off to the dump.

Apparently my husband has some cheap bones in his body too (which surprises me), and he refuses to pay $20 a month to have the trash hauled off by a service.

We live in the county so there isn't a city/town trash service like we are used to, so you have to go to one of the competing businesses. Anyway, he hauls it to the dump which is a few miles away--for free--every few days for me and he takes her with him. They get Slush Puppies as a reward. Apparently it is like what he and his dad did after they hauled the trash to the dump when he was a little boy.


So besides the walk, and cook outs, and slush puppy, we enjoyed the backyard--a lot!

I commented on Facebook that I am still missing home a great deal, but I am in love with my first yard.

It has been a 10 year wait for me, a 6 year wait for Gracie, and I can't be more thrilled to sit on the deck and watch my two children play and play for hours!

It has been so nice and cool lately and they have enjoyed the sand box, and bubbles and the new ball I got them.
And, of course Thomas LOVES his Cozy Coupe. He even helped wash it when Daddy and Gracie washed the cars on Saturday.

We hope you had a wonderful and relaxing long weekend!

1 Response to "Our Labor Day Weekend"

  1. Aunt Ruth10:20 PM

    I loved reading about your Labor Day weekend and I loved the pictures, too. Hearing about and seeing glimpses of your house and your yard and your neighborhood and reading about all the things that are going on in all of your lives really does make me feel much better about how all of you are doing. I want you here, but I'm glad to see you happy there. . . .

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel