Home Is Where The Apples Are

...and our family,

...and our friends,

...and all of our fall memories with the kids.

I had planned to go "home" last weekend for Aunt Ruth's birthday, but Gracie ended up getting more germs from her little first grade friends, and we had to post pone.

I told Garren I wanted to go this weekend, and he decided to come along since I longed to not only see my "family," but to let Thomas and Gracie pick apples as well. (Daddy is a sucker for the apple orchard!)

Since Daddy drove this time things seemed to go smoother. He of course could concentrate just on the long drive, while I dealt with the kids. But, to be honest, they were great on the way there and back!

We arrived 15 minutes before the start of church, and thanks to a potty stop in Front Royal, I had the kids dressed and ready.

I wasn't planning to surprise anyone, but I also didn't say we were coming, because I didn't know if we would actually make it. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, or disappoint if we couldn't get there.

We enjoyed our very missed church service, and church extended family. And, we got bonuses this morning since Ryson was being baptized, and Gracie's Kindergarten teacher (who usually attends the 8am service) was there as well.

Thomas still remembered his favorite people and gave Aunt Ruth & Uncle George plenty of hugs and snuggles. He also remembered to turn on the fan before the service, and to con someone in to letting him turn it on and off after the service.

We said our goodbyes and headed to Winchester to pick apples.


The temperature wasn't that bad today, but the sun was of the of blazing/burning variety today. So, we were all a little hot, and thirsty, and some of us were cranky.

But, we managed to have a great time anyway.

I couldn't see a thing, but I pointed my camera and clicked, and came out with some amazing pictures from our day in the orchard!!

Besides picking apples, the kids played on the playground, Gracie got to ride the cow train, and daddy got his apple donuts he loves so much.

It was like so many other fall afternoons that I remembered. I wanted desperately to drive past the exit to 66 and go to our Strasburg home. I think Garren thought that for a minute too, but it was because he wanted to take a nap. As he often reminds me, he is happy here.

We did get a big lunch/dinner at Olive Garden before we headed back. Too bad Thomas didn't get any kind of nap before or after the meal! But, for a 20 month old without a nap--he was great!

I guess "refreshed" is the best word to use for me after being back "home." Of course, I am hoping that will last for a few weeks until I can manage another visit.

1 Response to "Home Is Where The Apples Are"

  1. cheryl11:32 AM

    Glad you all had a good time. The pictures are beautiful and the tradition is something the kids will never forget!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel