First GradeThanksgiving Feast



My Gracie was too cute this afternoon at her First Grade Thanksgiving Feast!

About 11 other kids parents and I all showed around 11am with arm loads of food for the kids feast. This mommy made mashed potatoes (at Gracie's request) and pilgrim hat cookies.

Once I dropped my food off at the buffet table in the hallway, I went inside the classroom and began to get my darling pilgrim ready for her feast.

Okay, so you all know I am an over the top mom--and despite the cookies taking until after 10opm last night--I just HAD to make her a bonnet, square collar and apron to wear. She is only in first grade once--and I get inspired at the oddest times (which is never with more than enough time to pull it off ;).

So, I stayed up until well past midnight making the accessories that would neatly fit over her dress. And let me say it was well worth it! Not only did she look cute--the other kids made the biggest fuss over her as I "dressed" her up.


Yep--I am the cool mom :)

Miss. Anderson attempted to keep the kids calm and orderly--but they were all too excited. Once the food was put out the kids read us parents a poem and then Miss Anderson read us a book.

It was time for the feast.

I jumped in and helped the kids who didn't have a parent present, and they all ate the food like they were starving (reminded me of my house!).

The kids got seconds and even dessert. And, besides the ridiculous heat in that room--it was such a special day to share with my Gracie!

1 Response to "First GradeThanksgiving Feast"

  1. Aunt Ruth11:35 PM

    Prettiest Pilgrim I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel