Gracie's First School Project


Gracie brought home instructions for her first ever school project a few weeks ago, and we had it finished last week--but since it wasn't due until today we didn't take it in.

Gracie and her classmates are learning about past, present, and future as well as time lines. Their project was to create a time line of their lives from the year they were born until now. And, we mommies got to help!

Mommy got a big poster board and some fun scrap booking sheets, and ribbon and buttons...(yes, I had as much fun as she did!) I thought it would look cute to make her background look like a baby blanket. I am not sure we pulled that off, but it looked very pretty anyway.

Now, the kids could have used photos or drawings. I kept my mouth shut about the photos (although I thought it would have coordinated better ;) and Gracie drew the pictures of the milestones she chose for each year.


Thank goodness I have all of her pictures of her life on this computer! It made it some much easier to scroll through the months and write down milestones and important activities for each year. I made a list of 5-10 things for each year and she chose which one.

She was very proud of her project when we were finished. Yesterday I told her that I would take it with me when I went in for the the Thanksgiving Feast so she wouldn't have to take it on the bus. So, I snapped a picture of her with it, and I am so glad she wanted to make a video postcard for Aunt Ruth before she left for the bus stop (even though we were tight on time!) Since the kids have to present their projects during school I won't get to see her do it--but now I have a glimpse of what she will say...and I will share it with you.



Aren't you proud!

4 Responses to "Gracie's First School Project"

  1. mamaw8:23 AM

    Good Job, Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma8:36 AM

    Very nice job on your project. "Your presentation is excellent" :)
    I love your drawings and how you talked about things you liked each year. Keep up the great work!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice3:35 PM

    Awesome job, Gracie! The kids at my school do this too, and I love looking at their time lines out in the hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Ruth11:33 PM

    Nice job on that time line, Gracie! I like your pigtails, too! When I was little I used to wear mine in french braids. I think we did that once with your hair, but we'll have to try it again real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel