My First "Pillowcase" Dress

My mother had mentioned these last year, or maybe before that, and I had no idea what it was. But, when I came across the directions for one in my craft searching on the internet--I just had to make one!

It claimed to be "super easy." Well, I can sew, but I am not that good, or fast at it. So, I wasn't buying the "easy" part.

But, let me tell you--I had this dress done in 2.5 hours and I think it took me so long because I was obsessing over it. And, I hand made and sewed the applique.

I am thrilled with the outcome--which is odd, because I never like what I have made until much later on.

I can not wait to see it on her! I made mine specifically thinking of it as a dress top. I think it will look so cute with a white turtle neck under it, and a pair of khaki's or even her blue pants.

I will post a picture when she wears it. I thought she might like to wear it to school on Monday.

I would have eventually gotten around to making this dress, along with the long list of other projects I want to do with the brand new sewing machine I got for Christmas--but I kind of jumped into this project after Candice asked me about the pillowcase dress, and wanted some for little Jolee. I thought I better make sure I can make one and it look nice before I make some for such a cute little baby girl!

2 Responses to "My First "Pillowcase" Dress"

  1. Candice1:44 PM

    You did it! I knew you could! Now, you tell me fabric you'd like to have for both girls, and I'll go get some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma8:48 AM

    Looks great! I knew you could do it! I would love to see your new machine sometime. Hey maybe now you could take all of the patterns, thread, fabric, supplies, etc. I have here to your house and make lots of things for Gracie and Thomas. :) Garren may want to look at some patterns too (plans for an addition to the house) :)
    Seriously, I'm glad you are having fun with your new toys! I know you have been wanting them (camera too) for a long time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel