Birthday Fun (Sort Of) At School

**You will learn in later posts that it was a "rotten" birthday weekend for Gracie, but I will at least post some of the pros here***

Gracie was so excited about celebrating her birthday at school today (a day early), that she was up and starting at me from the side of MY bed long before the alarm clock went off.

I fixed her cereal, and made her a snack before I headed back up stairs to wait for her to get dressed.

I had stayed up until too late last night finishing off her birthday dress for school. When I mentioned to her that I was going to try and get it done, she wanted to wear her dress shoes to be fancy. Well, I really didn't want her to be stuck in those shoes all day, so I took out her unused pair of canvas shoes and pulled the laces out. Then I re-laced them with purple ribbons hoping that these would convince her not to wear the dress ones for the day.

Of course, Gracie was so excited over her day that the squeals over her dress and shoes just kind of mixed in with the bouncing she was already doing.

I got her on the bus and promised to see her later with cupcakes for her classmates.

When I arrived at the classroom around 1:20, the kids were excited to see me and the sugar in the box. Gracie was beaming (and flushed). The kids were finishing up cleaning their desks, and then they lined up to wash their hands.

Gracie told me about being called to the office this morning to get her birthday hat and book, and she showed me the birthday princess pencil she picked out from Miss. Anderson's stash.

So, we are ready to pass out the cupcakes, I put them on the plates I brought and Gracie starts taking them to her friends.

She is about 3 cupcakes in and runs to me and whispers "mommy, can I go to the bathroom?" I looked at her confused, and said "sure." The teacher and I continued to pass out the treats...and that's when I heard it.

I found the restroom and poor Gracie on the floor leaned over the toilet.

I helped her get cleaned up and her teacher and I both figured it was from all of the excitement, the sugary lunch, and the treats the kids had already had that day *before* the cupcakes.

Gracie looked better, but I told her she better not eat a cupcake until later.

When I walked back in the classroom with Gracie, the kids yelled "surpirse" and started singing to her before I can even get the camera on.

This made Gracie's day, and she started to perk up.

The kids all thanked me and told Gracie "Happy Birthday," and we loaded up her things and headed home.

Except for the puking part, she had a very fun and exciting pre-birthday at school.

Oh, and the teachers raved and raved about her dress. Apparently Miss. Anderson took her around to show her dress off to the other first grade teachers. :)

1 Response to "Birthday Fun (Sort Of) At School"

  1. Candice5:39 PM

    Bless her heart! I'm glad she was at least able to share her birthday with her friends. Her dress is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel