She Did It

Gracie ran a full marathon!

It took her over a month, but she did it one mile, and some times 2 miles at a time.

It has been cold this week, and we hadn't been out to get as many miles as I had hoped, so daddy decided to take her out to run the remaining two miles on her chart.

While daddy and Gracie were out running, mommy set up a surprise for her when she got back.
I wrapped crepe paper around the mail box and found an "inventive" way to hold up the otherside.

It was very cold, and I was inside with Thomas, camera in hand. I keep looking out the window, but wouldn't you know they came up the drive before I could get the camera on and going.

So, I didn't get the video I was hoping for, but I did snap some pictures.

Video or not, we couldn't be prouder of our First Grader. What a big accomplishment, running 26 miles!!

Now, she will take on her FIRST race! Gracie will participate in the kids 1 mile run on Saturday here in Richmond.

I will be sure to video that one!!!

2 Responses to "She Did It"

  1. Grandma2:43 PM

    Way to go Gracie!!!
    A great accomplishment! I'm glad you completed your goal. You should feel very proud. I know Grandpa and I are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Gracie!! Sure hope to see more pictures from the next race!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel