First Grade Play

My cowgirl got her big chance to take the stage tonight for her First Grade Play (well, musical). Each of the six first grade classes took part, and my Gracie was bouncing off the walls all day. She wanted a jean skirt to wear and a cowgirl hat. I am not much for skirts, but I was very pleased to find a pair of skorts (well, they called them that "back in my day" they are shorts with a skirt wrap around) at a thrift store in her size--so, now we are both happy. And, I found the pink cowgirl hat at the Dollar Store. The school provided the bandanas, and Gracie was thrilled that Miss. Anderson saved her a pink one.

Daddy and Thomas and I all went to the school tonight to see our Gracie sing, and we made it through. I didn't go postal like I almost did for her Kindergarten play, but it was HOT!! So very, very HOT!! And Thomas was, well, Thomas. But, we made it and mommy beamed as she sweated.

And, I videoed too, however, Gracie's speaking part was the very first one (they said lines in groups of 4) and I had it running and then stopped the video since they were still not ready (stupid!!!) and before I could get it going again she cued the first group to say their lines. Yep, I am still kicking myself for that. But, I do have some cowboy songs for you to enjoy.




3 Responses to "First Grade Play"

  1. Mamaw7:16 PM

    Gracie, you are absolutely the prettiest cow girl I have ever seen! Sure wish we could have been there to see your play! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice12:12 PM

    Gracie is cute in anything she wears, but you know my thoughts on "cowgirl" stuff! This was ONLY for a play...so I'll let you slide!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma and Grandpa8:51 AM

    Gracie, you are totally adorable in your cowgirl outfit. I wish we could have been there to see your play. I'm sure you were great! We love you.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel