Big Boy Bed


Okay, I have to admit I kind of caved to the pressure. Garren has been talking about putting him in a toddler bed since he turned 2. I looked at him like he was crazy.

And, it isn't because I want to keep "my baby" a "baby" for longer---I just want to keep him jailed up longer.

This child--don't get me started! Lets just say that when he is in his crib it is the few times a day I don't have to panic when I can't hear him. I know he isn't getting out of there!

Well, after hearing several other parents announcing their child (younger than mine!) was in a big bed, I guess I kind of felt the pressure.

But, oh well. Garren and I figured summer was the best time to give it a try since I won't have to worry over getting Gracie on the bus and we would have more energy if we had a rough transition.

Now, Garren said he would put the bed up and leave the crib. That's not exactly what happened. He put the bed up, and took the crib apart and put it in the attic.

Well, it was all or nothing now.

Thomas had a rough transition last night I guess you could say. He liked the big bed, but not so much the idea of sleeping in. Jumping: yes. Laying down: no!

He got stories in his bed from mommy, and we made a huge fuss over the bed, and he grinned. Until I walked out. Garren and I took turns laying in the floor beside him and it worked. When it was my turn he announced "more!" and handed me his milk cup. I poured him another half a cup and took it to him and walked back out of the room. Not a peep since!

So, we will smile big and proud and share the picture of his first night in his big boy bed. And, I will likely blog later about his many escape attempts.

2 Responses to "Big Boy Bed"

  1. Grandma3:42 PM

    Mama, quit listening to what other people say. You are smarter than you give yourself credit for! I would have gladly kept your brother "jailed" longer except he had actually outgrown his crib - by taking it apart, not because of his physical growth. I think I should have kept him "jailed" longer :)
    Keeping Thomas in a crib is certainly not going to hurt him mentally, it may actually keep him from getting hurt physically. You may be able to sleep a little too! He doesn't have to be grown up overnight. Thomas is able to play with the big boys no matter where he sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice11:04 PM

    Hey, at least he's in HIS bed. At the rate we're going, our child will be in OUR bed when she's 10! If we ever get her in her crib, she's staying in it until she can climb out or she's physically too big for it. I'd worry about her getting up at night and me not hearing her.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel