The First Harvest


I love this picture! Gracie and I (well all of us) went out to check on the garden. Daddy was mowing this morning and reported that there were a lot of beans ready for picking. We have done a garden almost every year since Gracie was 3. We did skip the year Thomas was born--I didn't have the energy, and there was no place for one in the townhouse.

In all those years we never did beans. It was likely because Garren hates beans. Not just eating them (he doesn't eat any vegetables), but because he was forced to pick them as a child. If I had a dime for everything my husband won't do because his mama made him do it...well...I would be a VERY wealthy woman!

So despite daddy disappointment and ardent refusal to pick a single bean when they grew--Gracie and I decided to be adventurous and give them a try.

The green beans and the peas (which we never have grown either) are the first fruits of our labor.

Gracie had fun picking them, and then I let Thomas give it a try. Well, he loved it--too bad there weren't many left.

We can't wait to see what else our garden will provide this year! Maybe we can sneak a veggie into daddy's "delicate" palate :)

1 Response to "The First Harvest"

  1. Candice5:02 PM

    You better put some good bacon grease in those green beans when you cook them. Sugar, butter, and salt will make those peas yummy, but NOT for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel