Our Second Grader

I knew the reaction wasn't going to be good this morning, and I wasn't surprised by the tears as we tried to get dressed and out the door this morning.

I wanted to make this day a fun and exciting day instead of a sad one, and I knew she would perk up during school hours with her friends, so I focused on the morning and afternoon.

This morning I showed her the tee-shirt I had painted for her to wear on her last day of First Grade. She loved it.

This afternoon I decorated the outside of the house with balloons and a sign and banner and Hawaiian leis. She was so excited when she got off the bus and saw it.

And just to keep the boost going I took her and brother bear to Ci-Ci's for a late lunch. I was afraid she wouldn't eat her packed lunch with all the sadness, but she apparently ate every bite. But, that didn't matter since she scarfed down 2 bowls of pasta and many bread sticks at lunch with us.

It is going to take quite an adjustment for all of us now that school is out--but we will manage, and I have our week days scheduled just like school to keep both kids busy and active all day long. So, I think that will help a lot.


Congratulations to our Second Grader!

2 Responses to "Our Second Grader"

  1. Grandma and Grandpa4:21 PM

    Congratulations Gracie! We are sure you will have a good summer. We hope we can be a part of it. Don't worry, the cousins say summer goes by VERY fast! WAY TOO FAST! You will be back in school, a second grader, very soon. We love you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice11:05 PM

    Way to go, Gracie!! Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel