Summer Blahs

Now don't you all flood the comment section, I am not depressed, I just am not a fan of summer.

It is too hot! I hate the heat--the oppressive, can't breathe heat that comes with summer and apparently this part of the world. Not, that we are that far from Strasburg, but I have decided summer was more tolerable there.

So, I am super far behind in blogging, but truthfully, there isn't a ton to blog about. I have been sewing, the kids have been playing, we've done lots of crafts and projects, the garden is giving us minimal results, we have been going to church, we go to the library once a week and Gracie has spent a week at Grandma's.

There is no real relief from the heat, so we are staying inside, and even though there are tons of amusement parks within an hour, and a beach front within 1.5 hours--we haven't gone anywhere. We tried a park with a water attraction inside once, but we had to leave after 23 minutes because of a storm.

I feel like the kids have been cheated in away. We have zero access to a pool (and we don't want to play literally hundreds of dollars to join one), so I have bought two blow up pools now. The first one was thrown away because I didn't keep it clean, and the second on is more of a splash pool, but so far it is still hanging in there on the rare evenings it is cool enough to let them outside. Gracie is out of school, but we haven't done anything extra like the movies, or a vacation, or other summer activities.

Garren's work schedule doesn't allow for extra days off, and when the weekends get here he wants to make his lawn pretty and relax...and if you have (ever had) a toddler, you would understand how nearly impossible it is to do something "extra" without help.

So: blah.

I think I might actually be looking forward to September. I love fall anyway, and Gracie is super antsy without the structure of school.

We still have a month left before school though, and I bet it will be much like the past 2 months--just blah, and nothing outside of staying inside and staying cool. Kids arguing, making messes, me cleaning them up and playing referee.

Yep--nothing here to read folks!

2 Responses to "Summer Blahs"

  1. Grandma and Grandpa1:09 PM

    We hope both of you will think: There will be more time for relaxing than for spending time with your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice6:19 PM

    I hate hot weather too!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel