Soggy Start To Second Grade

But the rain didn't wash out her spirits!

My Gracie bounded out of bed this morning ready to face the school day with her new teacher, new classroom, new classmates, new backpack...and new back to school dress made by mommy. (You can imagine my thrill when Gracie asked me to make her a back to school dress for this occasion! I finished it last night ;)

Gracie barely ate her breakfast and she got dressed and I braided her hair.

We made the damp walk under the umbrella to the bus stop that has been vacant for 3 months.

I snapped some pictures and she was off.

Thomas wasn't exactly bouncing off the walls like she was for the start of school--but he seemed to enjoy having mommy all to himself. Although, he did ask several times "Gee-cee?" I told him she was at school and he would grin and shout "skool!"

Thomas and I waited in the rain for the bus to return and she bounced off the bus as happy as she got on. And, she chatted about her school day ALL AFTERNOON and evening until finally we put her to bed.

She seems to have had a good first day of second grade. I certainly hope the rest of the year is just as good.

2 Responses to "Soggy Start To Second Grade"

  1. Grandma and Grandpa7:05 AM

    Gracie, we are so glad you had a great first day of Second Grade! Have a great year! We love you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great day!! Here's to many more awesome, fun days in second grade!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel