The Best Apples In The World

...grow at home.

The kids and I got in the car early this morning and headed to Strasburg for a day of fun and family and apples.

And, we had the most amazing day. Words can not describe how wonderful the day was. The weather was perfect, everyone was happy, and I literally enjoyed every minute!

We went to church this morning and heard the new minister. Rev. Ed was transfered this summer to Charlottesville, and we haven't been home since June!

After church we went and had lunch (where we usually do) at Gertrude's (George's mom) and the kids played with Uncle George and Aunt Ruth's new puppy "August." A very lively black lab. Yep, she got a new dog. Nope, I don't know what she was thinking--she has enough boys in that house to clean up after! ;)

George and Zachary had plans for the day, but not Ruth--so we were super excited for her to join us at Marker-Miller apple orchard.

Can you believe she had never been!

Oh, what fun! And oh, how busy! I bet there was easily 200 people there! But, we didn't care. We played, we picked apples, we ate apples, the kids rode the cow train...

I was tired--but not excited about knowing it was time to head back.

So, I stalled.

We took Ruth back home and we went to see our favorite neighbors. Imagine our excitement when the Energizer Bunny family...I mean the Mozingo's were home when we rang the bell!

Unfortunately I had no choice but to turn the car around and end our fabulous day. But, I had a HUGE bag of apples, a small bag of doughnuts, and a camera full of pictures to remember it all.

1 Response to "The Best Apples In The World"

  1. Candice6:23 PM

    I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day! I hope you know that I get tears each time I read one of your posts about "home." Maybe someday you will be able to have a home "at home" that you will just love. I'll be stuck here forever!! There NO hope for me.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel