Halloween With The Governor

Yes, the Governor of Virginia.

Daddy was super proud this evening to show off his family to Governor Bob McDonnell.

We were especially invited to the Executive Mansion for a Halloween party. Kids were invited to dress up and decorate pumpkins. So, this was my first chance to show off my costume handy work. Candice gave Gracie the great idea to go as a caterpillar and a butterfly (since they have been matching since Thomas was born) and since Thomas is really into the Very Hungry Caterpillar, we did before and after. I spent HOURS pasting cutout peices of tissue paper to make Gracie's wings--but they are a sight to behold. And, Thomas is being a trooper with his costume and I am thrilled.

But, back to the Governor, our shy Gracie was polite and shook the Governor's hand when Daddy introduced her. Since I was behind her and holding on to Thomas I hoped for a lucky camera shot--and it isn't bad. But, decided to push the video button quickly for Thomas' turn since I doubted I could get him in the picture while holding on to him. So, I have a video of my son (the future politician) extending his hand and shaking the Governor's hand without being prompted. Did I mention he is hand shaker? Loves it! When he meets people he sticks out his hand. Well, in certain situations (usually church or if daddy is showing him off). I promise I didn't teach him that--but it is too cute!!



But, the best picture by far of the evening came from one of Daddy's co-workers who wanted to tease him that he had no proof he works with the Governor. So, she snapped pictures from the yard while we were with him. I was thrilled to see them!

After we got in to the back yard the kids painted pumpkins. No, let me re-state...Gracie and I painted pumpkins. Thomas instantly went in to shy mode and he was clinging to me and wouldn't have anything to do with the pumpkin...or the chair...or the table. Daddy acted quickly and grabbed a fun size M&M packet from the bowl and he was fine the rest of the evening! So predictable. Anyway, I was trying to keep him from freaking out noticeably so I told him "what if we made Super Why on the pumpkin." He was interested, but still attempting to climb up me. After his M&M's were in hand (and on face and costume) he watched happily as mommy created Super Why on his pumpkin. Gracie made Rapunzel on hers (are you surprised?!)

We didn't stay too long, and left after meeting more of Daddy's important people. We carted the kids and the pumpkins back 2 blocks to the car.

You could tell Daddy had a great evening--I am pretty sure he was beaming. The kids did too...and me too, after I aimed all the air conditioning vents on me in the car--it was unbelievably hot today!


















Gracie Meets Gov. McDonnell Thomas Meets Gov. McDonnell

1 Response to "Halloween With The Governor"

  1. This is awesome!!! I'm so glad you all got to attend this since Halloween night was so yucky. I'm already making my lists of things to do with Jolee when she gets older. We MUST got to "Boo at the zoo!"

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel