Manly Duties

My son takes his role as little man of the house very seriously.

Actually, I don't know how to describe his man-of-the-house attitude.

Today, we were at Costco and he insisted on putting the groceries on the belt. The man working was so impressed and commented on how his son came back in the house after giving up on mowing the lawn. He had apparently made 3 rows and told his dad "it was harder than I thought."

And, I know that all kids like to help--it is the way he helps. He gets this most serious look on his face and commands "I do it, I do it!!!" And, he doesn't stop there. As he helps he grunts and moans and then when his task is finished he (sometimes wipes his forehead) says "whew!" as if it was the hardest job he could imagine.

To say it is "cute" is an understatement.

In addition to lifting things his self-proclaimed job is to be the gate holder. Thomas insists on holding the backyard gate open for mommy to walk through.

I don't know if it is inherent in a male, but his little man mannerisms are obvious and profound.

While I don't force Thomas to be manly or to think that he rules the roost--I have to admit it kind of does my heart good. Yeah I know...not very feminist of me...but I like the idea of raising a good man (someday baby--you better stay small for a LONG, LONG time!).

3 Responses to "Manly Duties"

  1. Mamaw7:56 PM

    Thomas, your daddy was the same way, he was always looking out for his mommy! Barbara, enjoy it while it lasts; it starts to wane as they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa and Grandma2:07 PM

    That's my man Tank !!!

    You are such a good boy Thomas !!!

    WE LOVE YOU !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice5:07 PM

    Awwww! How sweet! He looks so much like your dad.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel