Mommy's Pumpkins


**tonight I read the kids "The Pumpkin Patch Parable" and it reminded me of how my children are like the crops in my life, and I am the farmer...and so it inspired me to write this down for them:***

God planted you in my heart. He choose just the right size and shape of seed to sow.

It was my job to water you and to nurture you and wait for you to sprout. And, oh when you did how tiny and round and wrinkly you were. You were the sweetest, most beautiful pumpkin in the whole patch.

But God wasn't finished with you yet...and neither was I.

Your father and I picked you and wrapped you up in our warm love and brought you home so we could admire you and tend to you properly.

We washed you and pruned you and kept you shiny and neat as we showed you off to all those who wanted to take a peek.

We watched as you grew taller and leaner. You gained a few bumps, and a few bruises, but you were still the most beautiful of all in our eyes.

You are really growing now, and eventually we will have to cut the vines and pray that the stem that connects you to us will stay strong and firm.

We will continue to mold you, and keep you fresh and full of glorious color, knowing that some day all the care we gave you will be the lasting impression on others while you go outside and face the world.

God planted the seed that started you, you father and I shaped and molded you. You will have everything you need to some day let the light inside you shine forth and warm all who glance upon your path.

----
"You are the light of the world--like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
Matthew 5:14

2 Responses to "Mommy's Pumpkins"

  1. Cheryl8:31 PM

    Thomas and Gracie are indeed blessed to have parents who care so much for them and are investing their lives to give them a bright future. We just think they shine now but can hardly wait to see what they will grow to be! Such wonderful blessings God has given you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice8:47 PM

    First of all, this made me cry! Secondly, I LOVE it, and I feel exactly the same about my baby girl. I'd love to copy/paste this to my blog and give you the credit for it!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel