Gracie's First Communion



It wasn't planned. In fact, Gracie has always been so shy when it came to even thinking about going to the front of the church and taking communion with daddy and I.

Garren would always encourage her, and he knew how I felt about it. I didn't believe a child should do something that important until they completely understood. I didn't tell her not to, but I always reminded him not to push her too hard because she is so very timid.

When I was growing up you didn't take communion until you finished confirmation class. I want to say we were in 4th or 5th grade.

I don't think many churches do that anymore, and our Gracie knows what communion is. But, I have to say after the shock wore off when Garren mouthed to me "Gracie is going to go up with us..." the tears were hard to hold back.

I was so proud, and awed, and so many other things.

In all my emotion, I knew that I had to capture this moment. I pulled the camera out of the diaper bag, and turned it to video. I knew I would have a better chance than with a picture, and I didn't want to bother others with the flash.

The lady giving Gracie communion is her Sunday School teacher--and maybe that is what made her feel so comfortable. She is clearly a loving woman. She spoke tonight and shared the sanctuary with the youth pastor. (There were 5 Christmas Eve services, so they spaced them out so the main pastor didn't have to do them all).

What a special moment for me as a mom. And for her as a child of God.

1 Response to "Gracie's First Communion"

  1. Candice11:07 PM

    Awwww! So glad you were able to capture this moment!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel