My Alone Morning

It is mid-morning and there is no sound. It is quiet.  Of course that apparently happens when there are no kids and no husband around.  A silence I very, very, very rarely get to hear.

I know that other moms think I am nuts for wondering what I will do without my kids, and I am sure as the preschool year wanes on I will find creative ways to fill this void.  But, when you are a woman who devotes 24 hours a day 7 days a week and the past 8.5 years to constant motherhood--you tend not know what to do with yourself and time alone.

So, what to do?

Here is how I spent this FIRST morning alone while Thomas was in preschool and Gracie was off to big school.


I walked in to the house
 it was quiet

I fixed my breakfast
I cooked myself something and no one was asking for stuff

I ate my breakfast
and no one asked to eat part or all of it

I watched what I wanted on TV (Golden Girls!  :)
and no one yelled "Dis Junior!!! Dis Junior!!"

I went to the bathroom
and no one yelled through the door

I updated the blog
and no one wanted anything, yelled anything, demanded anything

I switched the laundry
and no one spilled anything

I loaded the dishwasher
and no one was under my feet and or legs

I picked up the bedroom
and no one threw all the pillows on the floor

And then I brought home my bear
and I was told it was lunchtime
and I became the waitress, the cook, and the janitor

...and all was right with the world again.

1 Response to "My Alone Morning"

  1. Candice8:24 PM

    Imagine being without your own baby and taking care of lots of other people's babies all day every single day. AND some of those "other babies" are nearly as sweet and as precious as YOUR baby! It stinks!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel