The Legend Of The Hugs & Kisses Bag


I was looking for a way to help my very shy girl of 3 cope with her very first day away from me.  If you know the story of my children well, you know that Gracie was (and can still be) painfully shy.  I sent her to preschool to help her with that shyness, and to help alleviate the pain of Kindergarten separation.

On the night before her first day of school I am not sure I slept. I am not sure if I breathed. But, I sewed. I had an idea.

I would make a little draw string bag and fill it with hugs and kisses, so that if she needed a hug or kiss from mommy she could just reach inside and pull one out.

I explained this to her that morning as we got ready and she smiled, and some how she knew that the bag would make the three hours easier.

I have made her a bag and filled it with hugs and kisses every school year since.

This year is no exception.  Only, I made two.

I doubt that Thomas will understand the idea, and I doubt he will care, he can't wait for preschool. But, I know that it there...just in case he needs one.

1 Response to "The Legend Of The Hugs & Kisses Bag"

  1. you are such an awesome mom!! I love this ! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel