Ready...Aim...Rock It!!


Have you watched the movie Brave yet?  Gracie can tell you ALL about it!!  Brave is the movie about Disney's newest princess (figured that out did you?) Merida (MER-e-duh).

Well, of course Gracie loves this movie, and Merida is from Scotland and she can shoot.  A bow and arrow that is.

So, this of course inspired our girliest of girls to want a bow and arrow set.  So, Grandpa bought her one!!  I was thankful it was a toy set, but Gracie was thrilled to have it.

Well, she broke one of the arrows. Grandpa fixed it.  Then she broke two more.  And while I was irritated, I knew they were plastic, and the breakage was from over use.  She really loved archery!

So, today, her daddy and I (more daddy) invested in her new interest.  Gracie is now the proud owner of a compound bow and arrow set.  It is a junior edition, but it is as a real bow and arrow ($50 bucks real!)

Garren and I are both hoping that she will stick with it and it will improve her confidence. And, I am thrilled to see her interested in something different than princesses and miniatures and stuffed animals.  Not that there is anything wrong with those things, but she wouldn't dare venture an inch from her core interests--ever (AKA: she won't try anything new or different!!).

Turns out, not only does she like it--she's pretty good!!  I need to get a better video of her shooting, but after an hour outside with daddy and some tweaking to her new bow, she was hitting the target each time!  She said she even got in the yellow circle once.



We are super proud of her, and told her that we want her to keep with it!

2 Responses to "Ready...Aim...Rock It!!"

  1. I think this is great.
    Daniel has a 'real' bow too... and enjoys it.
    I'm proud of you for letting her shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Archery really is fun! I'm sure J will want to see this movie some day.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel