Happy (Early) Mudder's Day

All of the preschool children in Thomas' class made Mother's Day crafts for their moms this week.  All of the kids brought them home in their backpacks today after school.  But not all of them could keep it a secret until Sunday.

Thomas announced to me in the car on the ride home that he had something to show me in his backpack, and as he unzipped it from his car seat he shouted "Happy Mudder's Day!"

He told me I had to wait until we got home to see what was in his backpack, and as I went off to fix his lunch (hoping to keep whatever it was until Sunday), he retrieved his backpack, took out the goodies, unwrapped them, lay them in the floor and went about his business of watching Team UmiZoomi.

That kid.  Gotta love him.

So, I saw his gifts a few days early, and I had to make him take a picture with his handy work, but I was sure not to post this blog entry yet as I didn't want to ruin the surprise for any of the other moms.

Teachers almost always help make items for Mother's Day with Gracie, and this is the first time Thomas has made something at school.  They went all out. I got a hand print tote bag and a flower pot and the cutest Mommy's Day "Quiz" that Thomas answered himself. (Definitely the best part).

I always enjoy this part of Mother's Day-the school things.  I am always Thankful that teachers still take the time to do special projects with the kids at all ages.  It doesn't matter how old they get--we will always turn to puddles of mush when we see what they made for us.

1 Response to "Happy (Early) Mudder's Day"

  1. See, this is one reason I'd like to send J to preschool. I'll never get this cute stuff if I don't. Wow! You are 15 feet tall. You have certainly grown a lot since Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel