National Day Of Prayer--Preschool Prayer Book

To be honest, I did not know it was the National Day Of Prayer until I turned on the radio in the car on the way to preschool with Thomas this morning.

I was so proud to see so many reminders in my Facebook feed about it from various friends.  Makes my heart feel warm to know that people still believe in, and practice the power of prayer.

I wanted to do something with Thomas, as he is still learning about God and Jesus and what it means to pray. So far he knows it means to fold his hands and be quiet and not make faces.

I am sure he should be farther along in his faith by age 4, but he will get there, and I am reminded often (like days like this) that his father and I are responsible for his foundation of faith, and we need to step up even more.

So, tonight we started his Prayer Book.

Right now he does meal time prayers, and prayers at church and chapel at preschool, but we need to do more at home.

So, I found this idea online, and I kind of tweaked it (like I usually do).

I folded construction paper in half and then folded plain white paper in half as well and made a book.  I used 4 sheets of white paper to make a total of 8 pages.

I then traced his hand with his thumb ON THE FOLD.

His hand is so small I was worried about enough space for the prayers, so I "fudged" it a little and cut a little farther outside the lines I just drew, being sure NOT to cut the fold.  I did cut the finger tip out, but that was it.

I added two staples to hold the book together (which look messy, I need a better plan--maybe a long stitch with needle and thread?).

This evening I went online to find some good preschool aged prayers that we can say and work on together.  You wouldn't think that would be a hard task (but you would be wrong).  30 minutes later I came up with 7 great ones, and I am going to share them with you so you can use them with your preschooler.

I typed them (okay, I cut & pasted) and printed them out, and then I cut them to fit his hand book.

When you open the book you will see it makes two hands together, so you can do like I am doing and paste the prayer all the way across.

I am going to let him to the gluing tomorrow so he will have more input and interest in the prayer book itself.



Morning Prayer

Good Morning Dear Jesus, this day is for You
So we ask you to bless all we think (point to head) say (point to lips) and do (palms up).
                                                                         Amen



School Day Prayer

Jesus I love you
Please help me to do
All of the things
You want me to do.
Thank you God for love that lasts
And watch over my friends in my preschool class.
Amen



Meal Prayer

A*B*C*D*E*F*G
Thank you God for feeding me.
Amen
 

Evening Prayer

I love you Lord at the break of day, I love you, Lord, as I work and play, I love you, Lord, as the sunset ends the day, I love you, Lord, every hour of the day.
Amen 



Bedtime Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep:
May God guard me through the night
And wake me with the morning light.
Amen.






Thankful Prayer

Thank you God for sleep last night.
Thank you God for the morning light.
Thank you for this happy day and
help us keep it just that way.
Amen




Friend Prayer

God made you (point to a friend).
God made me (point to self).
God made everyone (spread arms wide).
We can see (shade eyes and look around).
Amen



2 Responses to "National Day Of Prayer--Preschool Prayer Book"

  1. love it!
    and love the new background too :) I hope i'm not too delayed in seeing it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and I really should do this with Jolee.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel