New Shoes & Camera (re) Try Out

No, I didn't get a new camera, yet, and to be honest, there just isn't enough time to get a new one between all of these milestones.  And, I would cry--but we found the old batteries.


Digital Camera #4 was a Kodak and it didn't even last me a year.  It worked fine, but the flash stopped working after a few months.  So, I got a new one sometime after that.

Anyway, it was always my back up camera. Whenever a camera would die, I knew I had this one even though the flash didn't work. A camera without a flash is better than no camera at all.

Well, at some point over the years the camera battery (it has an internal rechargeable battery) from this camera and the other dead Kodak got put in such a "safe" place that we couldn't find them.

Near tears last night over how I would capture some of the most important moments in the next 7 days....Garren found the batteries!

So, I don't have a new camera (I will get one mom, it just won't be before Thomas' thing tomorrow or Isaac's graduation Saturday),  but I have one that works!  And, since I plan to video his bridging anyway, the flash won't matter.  And, I will make him (and ask his friends nicely) to go outside and do group pictures.  What a load off!

Gracie literally ran her shoes out.  And, I should have replaced them a month ago, but you know how it is with time, and hers have to be ordered (okay, they don't have to be ordered, but she and Daddy like Saucouny's and they are easier to order than find a store that carries the kids sizes!)

She told me last night after I was blinded when she opened the box:

"Believe it or not mommy I picked these out."  

Really? I never would have guessed that! ;)

She was excited to wear them this morning, and I was anxious to get reacquainted with my new-old camera.  We did learn to turn the setting to HIGH ISO to compensate for the lack of light.  And, I still have to find the camera cord as it has to charge from a computer.  But, in all, I feel a great deal of relief that I won't miss the documentation of these precious moments!


2 Responses to "New Shoes & Camera (re) Try Out"

  1. Grandma and Grandpa1:37 PM

    Cool shoes Gracie!!! And see Momma, you didn't even need the flash on the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new, bright shoes, Gracie!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel