Awards Binder

I have no idea what everyone else does with the stack of awards their child collects over the school years--but Gracie's yearly empty binders that come home at the end of the school year gave me an idea.

Now, there are tons of ideas out there on how to save your child's school things.  One on Pinterest I love where they use a crate and hanging folders--one for each year of the child's schooling.

Well, that is not going to work for me.  Just this weekend I attempted to downsize all of the things I have saved from Gracie's life.  I turned 4 tote containers into 3 (and she is just now 9).  So, clearly, one folder per school year won't cut it.  (I will have to show you my Pringles box system some day :)

Anyway, I hate that all of those awards are stored in the attic, and are amongst papers and drawings and I don't like that the report cards are kind of dumped in with a year full of things. So, I salvaged one of the binders headed to Goodwill, and I went through all the Pringles Boxes (laugh now-- it is a great system!) and pulled out just the awards and report cards from Kindergarten through third grade.

Walmart has page protectors around $3 for 50, and I got to work.

Now, I can show off to any poor unsuspecting person that might drop by all the accomplishments of my smart angel.

Of course, it will also come in handy on those days when Gracie needs a boost. It will be a reminder that she can do it.  She does it well. And hard work will pay off.

I don't believe in rewarding grades or accomplishments--but I think they are important. They are important to remember and celebrate. And, they belong in a place of honor and not among the papers that come home warning that lice is going around the school.

So, now the binder is the playroom/office and can be pulled out at a moments notice, and added to of course. And, I decided not to limit it to just school awards. Her cheer leading completion certificate is in there too.

Her report cards fit neatly in the back and/or front pockets, and since the front was kind of plain (and beat up), I stuck in a few of those small awards/certificates to jazz it up a bit.  You can get two mini awards on each side.


Thomas only has two awards to date (preschool 3 year old completion & his first dental appointment), but I decided I should start now so I don't have to go back and dig his out too!  So, I reused a smaller binder of hers to start his collection.  I am sure someday his will be just as full of success as his big sisters.  And, I will remember to never let them count and compare.

1 Response to "Awards Binder"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel