Summer Learning Excitement

The things my kids get excited about often baffles me, but I am sure that is true about any parent.  But, this one makes me smile--and thrilled to be her mom.

After the completion of SOL's Gracie's class got to learn cursive writing.

From what I understand from teacher friends, cursive writing is no longer a priority in the schools.  I still remember it when I was in school and wonder how a child will learn to sign their name.

My Gracie will.

She came home so excited on the first day of cursive writing practice, she skipped her after school snack and went upstairs to her room to do her homework and then pulled out a notebook to practice her name.  They had only learned A,B,C & D I believe, so I had to stretch my memory and help her with the R, G, I & E.

It is moments like that when you see your child excited to learn that makes all the days when you battle over reading or homework worth it!

There were only a few days of school left, and I had a feeling that they would not get through the whole cursive alphabet. So, I told Gracie we should ask Mrs. Sutton (her reading/writing teacher) if she had extra practice sheets.   Well, Mrs. Sutton did us one better and sent home a whole cursive workbook.

The smile on Gracie's face was priceless.

And, if you know Gracie at all, you know that she wants to learn cursive because it is girly and she is sure that is how a princess writes her name.

Love that girl!

1 Response to "Summer Learning Excitement"

  1. It's sad that we don't have time to teach handwriting anymore! I probably have a whole stack of cursive handwriting books. You can print practice sheets online, and you can even buy her a nice tablet for practicing.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel