Archery "Lessons" At Bass Pro

Thanks to Grace's blog, we learned that Bass Pro shops were giving free summer workshops for kids through most of July.  And, excitedly for Gracie, one was on archery.

Well, I knew not at all what to expect, but she wanted to take all of her gear, so we did.

When we arrived we were early, but they had crafts, and the kids did that with time to spare, so we went upstairs to the archery section figuring that was where the workshop would be.  The gentleman at the desk told us it would be downstairs. 

I saw the section he was talking about since the workshop on fishing just wrapped up, and I realized it was not going to be "hands on." And we still had some time, so we signed her to the archery range and she got about 15 minutes to shoot at the targets.

Gracie excitedly waited for the presentation to begin, and I started my attempt to keep baby brother occupied.

 
Thomas did sit with her for a bit, but was up and down and all over the place. I was so thankful it only lasted 20 minutes.

Gracie said she learned a lot from the workshop, and I was so glad. I was worried that it would all be stuff she already knew.

She earned a lanyard and a pin for archery and walked away very proud.

We have told her that we will try again to get her some hay bales for the backyard.  She hasn't practiced much these past few months, and the Costco boxes are difficult to manage, but she is excited to get out and work on her technique some more.

PS: if you know of a CLOSER place to get hay/straw bales (Garren says one is super cheap, but I keep forgetting which) let me know.  Out Tractor Supply store gave us a phone number for a person, but they are over an hour drive and we don't own a truck!

2 Responses to "Archery "Lessons" At Bass Pro "

  1. I think that Walmart is stocking their hunting stuff now. they sell big styrofoam blocks that are covered in thick plastic. (with targets printed on both sides) I think that they run about $14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll tie a bale of hay on the top of your car when you come down to visit. Any feed store (like Co-op or Tractor Supply) should have hay. This fall, it should be easy to find when all the fall decor is on display.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel