4th Grade, Open House

We had a slight advantage since we already knew her teachers name, but that was all of our advantage.  We trekked across the campus--waaaaaay past the library and found Ms. Mullenaux's classroom. I think we were the first of her students to arrive, which is interesting since I had to start a 3rd row in the grass to park.

Gracie was my typical shy violet, but Ms. Mullenaux was a nice and sweet and comforting as she could be.

Since I had already contacted her about Gracie's arm (I thought it would be best to know about the incident and how Gracie was handling it before meeting her for the first time), our new teacher was prepared for Gracie and her arm and found her a corner desk to make things a bit easier since that monstrosity takes up so much room.

Gracie found spaces for all of her supplies and, and I filled out my yearly novel.

The longer we were there and the more friends she saw, the more at ease she seemed. She perked up a little more and said a few more words.

We saw best friend Ashley, who will not be in her class this year, first thing, and then we saw friend Mary Gray, and back in the parking lot we caught up with other best friend Clara, who will be in her class this year.

Gracie and I were prepared with Sharpies, and she was excited to let her friends sign her cast.  She got ALOT of stares and questions, but she handled them like a champ and I was very proud of her.


We did stop by and say hi to Mrs. Joyner. I hate to bother other teachers on Open House as I know they are very swamped with new kids. So, we just waved as we passed by her window, but she rushed to the door, and I think Gracie was thrilled that we made the stop. I am pretty sure Mrs. Joyner will always be her favorite teacher.


I was sure to take many pictures, as I usually do, and Gracie and her cast look stunning in the dress I made for her. By the time we left her smile was really shinning and I felt so much more confident for next week.

1 Response to "4th Grade, Open House"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel