Beach Day!!

I got to go to the beach!

The things that thrill this mama!

And, I got to take the kids and go with friends!

A few weeks back, I was looking on a Richmond mom blog and came across and article of must do summer activities. Well, one of the places they listed was Yorktown Beach. It was so awesome because it was only an hour drive verses the 2 hour drive traffic nightmare to Virginia Beach.  Now, this had me excited already, but the fact that it was small and quaint had me wanting to go--now.  Then, I read on.  There was a trolley. Sold!


I asked Grace if she had ever been. She had not. I was excited about the idea, but still unsure about taking two kids by myself to the waterfront in a place I had never been.

So, I asked her to go with me.

Crazy lady agreed! :)

I can not describe enough how perfect this day was. The weather, the temperature, the breezes, the water, the peacefulness, the seclusion, the picturesque town/village.  If I could have, I would have picked up and moved us in to one of the quaint charming houses along the side.  (or I would have just asked to be roommates!)

The kids had a wonderful time playing and splashing together all day long.

We had a 10 minute rain shower and opted to wait it out, and so glad we did, everyone left and we hung around and enjoyed several more hours of fun in the sun!

And, as a capper to our day--a ride on the trolley!


Thomas was so excited about riding this trolley all day. I hadn't told him about it, but he watched it go past us at our water "hole," every 25 minutes itching to climb aboard.

It was well worth the wait, if for no other reason that to watch Thomas ride it.

We MUST go back again!  Such a wonderful day!!!

1 Response to "Beach Day!!"

  1. Grandma9:43 PM

    So glad you had such a good time! It sounds so much fun. I am so glad you went and had friends to go with you!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel