More Girly Fun

Gracie got TWO play dates this week, so it was a double dose of girly squeals and hugs and fun this week for mommy.

Monday it was Clara's turn, today it was 3rd grade other best friend Ashley's turn.

I arranged it with Ashley's mom and surprised Gracie when we pulled up at the Gather & Glaze potter place this evening--without boys!

Daddy and Thomas hung out at home while we girls painted pottery.  Well, the younger girls painted we moms chatted. But, the crafter inside me was screaming! I think I might have to do it next time (wanna go Grace?!!)

I gave Gracie a budget, but was pleasantly surprised by the overall cost. Gracie had been begging to go since they opened a year ago (I know this because they were celebrating their one year anniversary and I got a bonus coupon at the check out).  I figured it was quite pricey and I promised her we would go, but never really got motivated enough to look into it.

You choose a piece to paint and whatever the price is you add 50% for studio fees, paint, etc and that is your total.

After hours many long minutes of browsing over the choices, Gracie finally settled on a unicorn (surprised?!) and Ashley chose a koala bank.

The girls were too cute to watch as they poured out every effort into every detail on their works of art.  Gracie surprisingly finished her piece before close time (seconds before), but Ashley had to wrap hers up and will have to come back again another day to finish it up.

Gracie's unicorn will be ready for pick up next Wednesday, and she is anxiously waiting.

After painting we treated the girls to ice cream at Sweet Frog which is right next door.

Gracie loved every minute of her fun time with Ashley, and I am so glad the girls could get together before school.


2 Responses to "More Girly Fun"

  1. Fun! This is like The Pink Pig I took J to, and we loved it! It is so neat, isn't it. I want to take her back and make holiday decor and maybe even some Christmas gifts. Gracie, I'm so glad you got to have such a fun time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to paint pottery. I have quite the collection of dessert plates I have painted over the years. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel