Refreshed

This week has been exhausting--and it is only Thursday.

It has been so exhausting in fact that I declared the first ever "junk food dinner." We went to Walamrt and everyone got to pick something out. Thomas picked cheese sticks, Gracie wanted frozen pizza, and I picked jalepeno poppers.

My oven is nearly done with all of the fried (and really bad for you) food, and the kids and daddy are watching football.

We needed this.

We needed a chance to throw out the rules and just sit and chill out.  It has been a long week for all of us.

This wasn't the first time I got a chance to breathe today, and so I really shouldn't need another one, but I did.

This afternoon, after open house, my favorite radio station posted a verse on Facebook, and I instantly understood.


A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. -Proverbs 11:25


If you know me--at all--you know I will not ask for help. I really have a problem with asking for help in all forms--especially when it comes to my children.

At the end of the last school year I asked Grace, Bryce's mom,  how she would feel about letting Thomas play with Bryce while I went to field day with Gracie.  I was so glad to get a chance to spend that one on one time with Gracie without little brother, and I cherished it, and I was thankful for it. But, I never intended to make it a habit. I reached out, and was blessed, and earned my virtual sticker, but that was enough for me.

A few weeks back, I am ashamed to say, I mentioned to Grace about Gracie's open house and since her house was right next door what if Thomas' played with Bryce while I concentrated yet agian on Gracie.

Clearly I have gone from not asking for help, to being a habitual giver-away of my child...but that is a problem to correct at another, albeit soon, time.

You might wonder how in the world trekking around a school finding a classroom and filling out stacks and stacks of paperwork is "refreshing," but it was. I was able to concentrate on one child and be sure that she had everything that she needed. I could ask and answer questions coherently without calling out "Thomas!" over and over again.  I was able to be refreshed and feel confident about sending my first born beautiful girl to school next week with all she is going through.

A thank-you is not enough.  Thanks seems hardly adequate for taking care of my child along with her own two children, and her niece.  Not enough for not only watching my child, but for giving me a rare chance to focus on one child and one big day.  A small time to refresh myself as a parent.

It seems kind of like a given that we should all help one another, but the help you give, may mean more to that person that you will ever know.  And, it WILL make the Lord smile upon you.

3 Responses to "Refreshed"

  1. You're so sweet. I am happy to help and will be here whenever you need it! That's what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma8:39 AM

    So glad you have a friend you can enjoy things with. I'm sure you have enjoyed having Bryce at your house too! (I don't think a few times qualify as habitual). Really glad you were able to enjoy time with Gracie. I know right now you have lots of that time with Thomas. You are so lucky and blessed to have a good friend. Enjoy and embrace the friendship as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of pawning a kid off once in a while. Alone time with ONE kid means a LOT! They need that special time with you :)
    I'm thankful that you have Grace nearby :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel