Salt Dough, And Time In Fourth Grade


A few of us parents answered the request for colored salt dough made at home to help our fourth graders with their latest project--a topographic map of Virginia.

Well, I not only helped make the dough, I also got to go in and help (for the first time this year) the students in Mrs. Mullenaux's class.

While the project was fun, and I enjoyed my time with Gracie and her friends, let me tell you what I liked even more about the morning.

No headache.

People, I kid you not, this teacher had 20+ kids in groups of 4-5 with 4 helpers and a MASSIVELY tricky and messy project and not ONCE did she raise her voice.

I thought I had entered another dimension.

These girls helped each other, they did their projects without complaints. They had fun, they laughed, they were respectful, the classroom wasn't loud, no one got called out, they didn't do that 1,2,3 thing nor did the teacher ever turn her volume up.

I have helped every year at Gracie's school, where ever it was, and NEVER in my 6 years of helping or room mothering, have I ever experienced anything like it.

It was wonderful to see, and be apart of.

It made me feel so good as a mom of one of those remarkable young ladies, all of whom clearly behaved not because of (just) upbringing, but because they respected their teacher enough to do so.

It made me feel good that Gracie was apart of this team, and a student with a teacher that clearly shines at her job.

1 Response to "Salt Dough, And Time In Fourth Grade"

  1. Cool! Our kids made salt dough maps too! Believe it or not, it's actually pretty easy to get kids under control. (It would be 99 times easier in an all-girl class!!)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel