Afternoon Activities

It is a good day for doing homework on the porch today.


In fact, the weather has been fairly nice all week and Gracie has opted to do her homework, including 20 minutes of reading out in the fall air.

Gracie typically has word study, reading, and maybe a worksheet or studying to do each night. Not bad for fourth grade.  She had even less in third grade as Mrs. Joyner did not believe in giving homework unless necessary.  Both years are a great improvement from first grade and second grade. We spent about 30 minutes-1 hour on homework a night in first, and 30-45 minutes in second grade.  So, while she complains (often) about her work load--it is pretty easy breezy mac-n-cheesy :)


And while Gracie reads her brother...


...races his cars.

Yesterday the cozy coupe was an ice cream truck and he charged me $50 for a Buddy Nutty, but today he was Jeff Gordon on his Rock N Roll trike.

Both of my kids have great imaginations.  I think they get that from me, and I am proud. I don't have a great deal to give them--but my imagination has been one of my greatest friends throughout life.

1 Response to "Afternoon Activities"

  1. Gracie, I'm sorry that you have homework, but reading is always great. I'm sure you are reading books that interest you!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel