Doughnuts!

Saturday's are my one morning a week to sleep in or lay in bed and not rush around getting people dressed or on the bus or pack lunches, so I revel in my morning.

This morning however, I had to set an alarm clock. 

Thomas had a dress rehearsal at Bryce's church for tomorrow's Sunday morning "performance," and he had to be dressed and there by 9am.

He was there and dressed...and I had clothes on. I hadn't showered and I was still a bit grumpy, but I got him there on time.

But, it paid off. I was going to head home and get a shower, and then I thought "hey, I am up, I have no kids, lets go to the Goodwill!"  So, I went. And I scored big!

I also got breakfast for the three of us Shipley's not showing off our talents this morning (unless you accept the talent of laziness ;)

I went back to pick up Thomas from practice, and since he had been denied breakfast I asked him what he wanted to eat.

He wanted doughnuts.

Much to our frustration our Dunkin' Doughnuts closed down a few months back.  That's when Grace reminds me her husband's family owns a bakery! (I knew that, I just didn't think about it)  So, Thomas and I headed in the direction of a new sugar haven (new to us, they have owned and operated that bakery for ages).

Thomas picked out a chocolate one and a pink sprinkles one.

I asked him later how they were, and he told me "super yummy!" He even ate the whole doughnut--both of them. With DD, he just ate the tops off.

So, thanks yet again Whitlock family for making my son smile! You seem to be making a habit with that!


1 Response to "Doughnuts!"

  1. YUM!! Glad he enjoyed his treat. My favorite is the double donut and Jason likes the cinnamon surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel