Mama Is An Artist

...and can cross off number 16 & 26.

I was invited to do something I would never usually do (but want to do so much!!), and I actually went.  And, bonus points since it was a group activity full of women I don't know and the kids stayed at home with the husband!

Grace invited me to go with her small church group to a painting place last month, and it looked so much fun. You know how crafty I am. But, you also know how hesitant I am about social things.

I recognized a few women from Grace's church since they help out with Thomas' kids group so I would see them on Tuesdays, but all of the ladies were nice and hilarious. You wouldn't think church ladies can be funny, but many of them were cracking me up.


Of course we needed some comedy since what looked like such a fun and simple project ended up being more stressful and hard than I could have imagined.

I went back and forth on liking my work, and hating it, but end the end I was really, really happy with it. I made it, and as you can see I went outside the box and added my own creative choices to the template we were working with.


Although, at no point did I stress as much as Grace. I think she made me laugh more than any of the rest of the ladies!

The whole project was also more time consuming than you can imagine, but the time past quickly as we brushed and mixed and edged our work.  We arrived around 6, and the class started at 6:30. We didn't leave until almost 10! 


But, as goodbyes were said I think most of the ladies felt like I did: proud to have finished the project and how it came out.  During the middle of the class there were a lot of jokes about donating to Goodwill.

So, I not only had a great deal of fun tonight, I made my first painting "masterpiece" and I went home smiling and proud of myself for opening up my world.

Thanks (again) Grace!


Now, I want to go back and do it again!

 (If you are a local person, we went to Short Pump to a place called "Spirited Art." You will have to look them up, it was really fun to do with friends.)


1 Response to "Mama Is An Artist"

  1. I love it!! congrats on your first painting!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel