Gracie Describes Herself

You have to read how Gracie used similes and metaphors in her classroom blog post to show she understood the concepts.

By the way "she writes as if her mother handed her the talent from her own loins." ;)


  
My eyes are as dark as chestnut tree bark.
My mouth is as chatty as a  news reporter in a town where crime always happens every day.
 My lips are as pink as a lite colred rose.
My skin is the color of a peanut shell.
My feet are as flat and thick as cardboard.
My nails are as pink as grape fruit juice.
 My hair is the color of dry soil.
 I’m so bad at cartwheels I look like I’m a clown doing it on purpose
 I’m about as flexible as hard dried pavement.
 I use tape so much you could call me a tape bandit.
I’m as nice to stuffed animals like they are humans.
I’m so tall I look like an adult.

You have to love her!

As I have mentioned before, Gracie and her classmates use a classroom blog to help learn and practice writing skills. If you have a few moments go to Gracie's page and read her work, and leave her some comments.  She is really good at creative writing--but the daughter of two writers was bound to have picked up that up naturally. Although, I think she gets it more from me ;)

Click here to read more from Gracie. And, of course you can leave her feedback here, I always draw her attention to comments on my blog about her.

1 Response to "Gracie Describes Herself"

  1. Gracie, I am amazed!!! Your similes are great, and I love the use of hyperbole too! You are very creative!!! You get it honest from your parents! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel