Best Laid Plans

I won't mention whose idea it was to go to the park today after preschool, but I like to think we not only made the best of the really fierce wind and rain, but made it fun.

After grabbing the kids Subway sandwiches, we decided to let them play before we ate, because, well...it started to rain...kind of steady.

The kids were hungry and a little damp after about 25 minutes of running around the playground, and we moms noticed that those raindrops were getting bigger, heavier, and coming a lot faster.

I had an idea:car picnic!

I backed my car up to Grace's car, and we opened the hatches and...voila!

The kids giggled as they ate their lunch in the back of my Pilot.  Grace and Emmy found their cozy spots in her trunk.


(I find more and more I love about my new car everyday.  Who ever came up with folding third row seating is a genius!!)

When the kids finally finished their bird bites, we took them home, which was a good thing, because one of us was getting cold, and it was really starting to rain.



I kind of like these mommy adventures, even when they don't go as planned.



1 Response to "Best Laid Plans"

  1. That girl sure did have a crazy idea of going to the park in the rain, who was that anyway?!? At least she was smart enough to bring a picnic blanket for lunch that luckily doubled as an actual blanket for the cold!! It was still fun. As long as the kids had fun, right?!? That's what I keep telling myself!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel