Thomas' Auto Shop

What do you think?!

We got the warmest spring-like weather today, and I was itching to be crafty.  So, I let the creativity flow, and I turned the very small patch of our yard on level ground (where Thomas' sandbox is) into a new and fun outdoor play area for Thomas.

He loved the idea of an auto shop, and after trips to Home Depot and the Dollar Store, and several hours of hard work and sweat, it came out super cute!


Gas pump: trash can upside down, cut out holes, add some tubing and great stickers that you make and print out.

Workshop: already had, and it has been on the deck for a while, I just moved it over and added some Dollar Store baskets with LOTS of holes to hold the plastic (i.e. can get wet without ruin) tools.

Santa brought the fun road signs for Christmas, and the trucks were already outdoor staples.


The sign is a board from Home Depot treated for outdoor use ($5) and I made my own chalkboard paint (thanks to Pinterest) and used left over indoor/outdoor paint to make it even more weather durable!  Now, I added a chalk basket, but the chalk will have to be covered/go back in the outdoor box each play day, so I will have to nag about that one.  But, the rest can all stay up.  


I am pretty proud of my outdoor creativity. I wanted ramps for him to roll up his Couzy Coupe, but I haven't found those yet, and I have a few ideas on how to make them.  He really needs a lift, but I haven't figured out the mechanics for making a DIY version of that one yet ;)

3 Responses to "Thomas' Auto Shop"

  1. Aunt Ruth7:38 PM

    How about 4 concrete blocks with a sturdy piece of plywood over it for his coupe? Would that be safe enough? Could he get underneath it? At least it wouldn't be too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun mama! I'm too lazy and lack a bunch of creativity for anything of this caliber!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel