Happy Fourth Of July

Family holidays like the fourth can get me down (and grumpy) a lot of the time. We don't have a large extended family, and as you know we have no family locally. So, ever since we left our Strasburg home 4 fourths ago--I get kind of "less than awesome" on days like Memorial Day, Easter, Labor Day and 4th Of July. Those days they show to be so awesome and full of food and happy people in all the commercials.

So, you can imagine that my mood was a lot better today since for the second year in a row the Whitlocks decided our yard wasn't the worst place to celebrate America's Birthday :)

We cooked out this year. Last year they just joined us for fireworks.  So, we got to have them for most of the evening.

The boys (and at times Gracie) got out our minimal baseball gear and threw and caught (and chased downhill) the ball over and over again.


I think the kids had a great time waiting for it to get dark, and we made the wait a little more fun by firing up the new fire pit for s'mores.  It was such a wonderful day weather wise and the air was cool and breezy, so I actually didn't mind being that close to heat source.



I think the evening passed pretty quickly.  It wasn't long before it was dark enough to do Virginia sanctioned fireworks. Please do NOT ask what that means as my husband can go off on a rather long diatribe about how in Tennessee you can use and set off real fireworks and these are lame, etc, etc.


I think the kids didn't care.  They were sparkly and something you don't see every day.  The ones we watched as a group were okay, but I think all the kids really loved doing their own sparklers!


 It was a great USA Birthday Party, and we thank the Whitlocks for tolerating us  coming over again.  I think this officially makes it a "tradition" now :)

As usual, Grace's pics came out better, you can see more of her red, white and blue cuties on her blog here.

Oh, and I forgot a family picture for the 4th. You think it will still count if I dress them up nicer and do it tomorrow? We are taking the kids to Busch Gardens tomorrow night for their big firework display!


2014

2013

1 Response to "Happy Fourth Of July"

  1. Don't get yourself down about not having family. I live in the same town as my family, and rarely see any of them except my parents. We celebrated as just our family of three! Of course, I don't let it get me down at all. I'm becoming less and less of a people person all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel