Gracie's New Teacher

Gracie was all smiles today when it was her turn to go to the school's Meet The Teacher Night. 

It may have been because she had spent much of the day at the school with Mary Gray helping our other teachers, making copies, handing out papers and filling out t-shirt order forms.  Or, it could have been the new dress I made her.  Or, the fact that Thomas was hanging out with Bryce so that I could take her alone.

But, I think it was because she was able to see and hug her old teacher yesterday.

Now, you might think it was random chance, but I truly believe that there are times (many) that God steps in and makes things possible.

We were loading up my car yesterday in the Whitlock's driveway, moments away from putting Thomas' carseat in and driving back home after and amazing day at the lake, when who literally walks up the street but Assistant Principal Todd, and Mrs. Mullenaux & new baby!

What are the odds?!  I can't even fathom.  The two (well three) had decided to walk the MES 5K route for some exercise.  Mrs. Mullenaux doesn't even work at MES any longer, but happened to be there that day, and that time and went for a random walk and found Gracie.

I can't not describe what that impromptu (and blessed) meeting did for Gracie.  She was bouncing, she was happy again.  She hugged her teacher twice, and Mrs. Mullenaux is so sweet and just gushed and gushed over Gracie and reminded her she wouldn't forget about her--which is exactly what she needed!

I am forever thankful for that moment for my child. My sweet, sensitive child who loves with her whole heart and more than likely equated "Mrs. Mullenaux isn't going to be your teacher anymore" with "you will never ever see her again."

So, she was renewed and happy when I took her to meet her new teacher Mrs. Madison, who is in the same classroom and will be teaching (roughly) the same class as last year.  And, it helped that she knew who she was! Apparently Mrs. Madison was a Kindergarten or 1st grade teacher at MES, so all of the girls will know her.

So many blessings to make this transition go so much smoother.

Here she is...our 5th grader.  Last year in elementary school. Top dog. Sweet girl.


You don't have to ask me... I have no idea where the time has gone. It has passed far too quickly, and it shows no signs of slowing down.

1 Response to "Gracie's New Teacher"

  1. Gracie, I just know that you are going to have a spectacular 5th grade year!!! You are such a super sweet and bright young lady! You will be successful no matter who your teacher is!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel