Rough Month


I don't want to linger on the negative, as life is meant to be filled with joy, but a rather rough month + kind of hit somewhat of a climax today. At least I am hoping this the climax--as I mentioned--it has been a rough month.

*I was sick for nearly 3.5 weeks. It took 2 doctor's visits, 2 antibiotics, and finally a steroid to rid my body of a nasty sinus infection and a very persistent and painful cough.

*Daddy is now sick with a bad cough.

*Thomas nearly broke his foot and/or leg.

*A teacher at Gracie's school died suddenly and unexpectedly. She didn't have this particular teacher so my plan was not to even tell her (because I ridiculously shelter my children), but it was all over the news, everyone was talking about it, and makeshift memorial was set up at the school's outdoor sign.  So, I had to tell her about the teacher.

*Cardinal Camp was cancelled for incoming Kindergarteners (and then reinstated as a mini orientation)

*We missed Isaac's Marine Corps graduation

*I have a severe sunburn that is so painful it makes me cry in the shower 4 days later!

*And, today, I had to tell Gracie her teacher isn't coming back from maternity leave.

To be honest, it was in the back of my mind all summer.  I know what a blessing my babies were and are and how grateful I am that I can stay at home and be with them all the time and see every first, and revel in every moment. I was sure that the idea to stay at home permanently would likely entice one of our favorite teachers.

So, while I was prepared for her not to return, still the reality hit hard for me, and knowing I would have to tell my daughter who adores her teacher was sickening.

So, I put it off. I didn't want to bombard her the day before Meet The Teacher night, but I knew how upset she would be and I wanted to ruin as little of her summer as I could.

I found out through sources mid-August, and I received the official letter from the school 2 days later.

Mrs. Mullenaux is not staying at home with her baby, but she is taking a different job in the school system. She won't be at MES at all.

Gracie took it very, very hard.

I hope that the pain will subside by Thursday when she meets her new 5th grade teacher.  We have talked about lots of things in this life "lesson," but the biggest one was to be sure to give this teacher a chance. She wants to teach and mold them and she needs to have a class who will at least try to love her.

So, while I was in need of prayers for a Kindergartener, my 5th grader will need some extra ones too.

2 Responses to "Rough Month"

  1. Grandma1:27 AM

    Praying for Gracie, Thomas and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Gracie! However, if you get a brand new teacher fresh out of college, you are one lucky duck! They are always so full of ideas and are able to spend more time working on "school stuff" because they usually don't have children of their own yet. Going back in the classroom after having J was the hardest thing I've EVER done!!! I've never been so sick over anything in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel