My Alone Day

...was not so alone, and for that I am forever thankful.  I had no plans today, and figured other than a run to the library to drop off books I would mulling around this quiet house all day waiting for the sounds to return.

After the kids climbed on the bus and waved goodbye the rest of my day has gone something like this:

*Tearful walk back up the cul-de-sac

*Cleaned up breakfast dishes

*Fixed Garren's lunch and snack, and told him goodbye

*Took a long shower

*Started a load of laundry

*Found and bagged up all the trash in the house and walked it to the can at the curb

*Ate crackers for breakfast and watched Golden Girls

*Uploaded & edited pics from this morning, blogged, answered/read/deleted emails.  Read other blogs I follow.

*Made Thomas bed (couldn't get in Gracie's room--argh!)

*Planned out Thomas' outfits for the rest of the week and hung up. Would have done same for Gracie (see above argh!)

*Switched laundry

*Grace texted me and asked if I wanted to "do lunch."  I did.  We did. It was lovely.

*Dropped off library books in outside book return.

*Went to Goodwill--because I could--and I wanted to.

*Meant to take my time, but rushed, because I usually rush in there with one or more kids complaining/begging. Found Mrs. Jo at the check out with little Rachael.

*Sat at McDonald's with Mrs. Jo and Rachael while they ate their lunch. Got my "baby" fix as Rachael likes me and wanted me to hold her.

*Came home, got out ingredients to make first day of school cookies.

Now, if only I can ways to fill the next lonely 179 days of school.




1 Response to "My Alone Day"

  1. sounds like a GREAT day!
    and you have 179 more days to do whatever you want!!
    you can sit in your pjs and watch Golden Girls all day if you'd like :-)
    don't forget the bon bons!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel